Thursday, June 26

Climate Change

I'm going to keep this simple because it could take days if I went into detail.

Climate change. Nobody has conclusive evidence of it. Even if the evidence could be attained, there's no way to prove it anthropogenic. Moreover, if you're still convinced buying a hybrid will make a difference, note that a single volcanic eruption spews out more climate affecting gases in a few day, than the United States produces in a whole year. And there's thousands of explosions every century. So everybody better stop exhaling from now till...forever.

On that note, say I still grant all the previous climate change drivel. China already produces more emissions than America and for us to kill our whole economy by a measure of government policing, we'd be pretty much screwed anyway.

I support clean technology. I support energy independence. I support a clean environment. But guess what, you can't just make all of that happen overnight by a bill. It happens through the free market anyway. Example: gas costs are high, companies come out with hybrid SUV's. As much of an irony that a hybrid SUV is, you get my point.

No comments: